Published on Monday October 26, 2015
Smooth conducted a Round table on Multiple Sclerosis in Moscow
On the 25th of October, 2015 a roundtable discussion "Algorithm of therapy choice and risk management plan of a second-line treatment of patients with MS" was held on the basis of the State budgetary institution "Research Institute for health organization and medical management of the Department of health of Moscow" (GBU "NIIOZMM DZM") in Moscow.
Sponsor of the Round table is "Johnson & Johnson". Smooth Drug Development was an organizer of the event.
Leading neurologists and heads of Russian regional centers for multiple sclerosis treatment in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Tyumen, Novosibirsk, Krasnodar, Ekaterinburg, Perm and Moscow region were invited to participate in the event.
The following topics were discussed:
- Barriers to early diagnosis of multiple sclerosis
- MRI diagnostics of multiple sclerosis and progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy
- Routing of patient with multiple sclerosis
- Patient profile for therapy with second-line drugs
- Optimization of therapy for patients with multiple sclerosis
- The risk management plan therapy with second-line drugs
- Elaboration of recommendations for the management of patients with multiple sclerosis and algorithms of transition to second-line drugs
According to the participants of the Round table the event was held at a high professional level.